All the essential skills you need to create a Test Automation Framework with Selenium and C#
Duration: Two-day course.
Cost: Starting at £900 (+VAT)*
Location: Various. Our training locations can be seen here
* Limited availability, places are restricted to 10 per course. Please note that prices may vary depending on location.
Our Test Automation crash course is designed to get any manual tester up and running with Selenium with all of the most desirable skills on the market and the ability to instantly add value to any company. No prior knowledge is needed, attendees will learn how to design, build and a debug a test automation framework with industry-leading tools, against a real web application.
Introduction to Object-Orientated Programming
Setting up a Test Automation framework with Selenium and Webdriver
Using Selenium (identifying elements, using the Page Object Model, parameterising variables, taking screenshots and more)
Running tests and reporting
All in one hands-on course.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Test Analysts, Developers and DevOps. No prior knowledge is needed, an introduction to object oriented programming and code samples will be part of the course.
WHAT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS DO I NEED?
No prior knowledge is assumed. An introduction to object oriented programming and code samples will be part of the course.
WHERE IS IT?
Our training locations can be seen here
Our 2 day course runs from 9.30am - 4.30pm daily
WHAT TOOLS WILL I USE?
Selenium. Selenium dominates the market in Test Automation and has become an essential skill needed for any software house.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course follows the schedule outlined below:
- Getting Started - Automation Testing Methodology
- Getting Started - Setting up your framework
- Getting Started - Introduction to C#
- Getting Started - Introduction to Code Control
- Getting Started - Introduction Selenium and Webdriver
- Automating a Test - Basic Usage
- Automating a Test - Creating tests
- Automating a Test - Interacting with the Page
- Automating a Test - Navigation and switching windows
- Automating a Test - Introduction to HTML
- Automating a Test - Identifying page Elements with Chrome, Firefox and IE
- Automating a Test - Locating Elements with XPath, CSS selector and more
- Automating a Test - Handling field types (drop downs, check boxes, finding inputs and more)
- Automating a Test - Waits
- Automating a Test - Page Objects and shared UI Maps
- Designing The Structure - The Page Object Model
- Designing The Structure - Using Page Factory
- Designing The Structure - Making test suites robust
- Advanced Automating a Test - Screenshots
- Advanced Automating a Test - Parameterisation
- Advanced Automating a Test - Running Headless and CI
- Automating a Test - Useful Hints and Tips
- Getting Started - Introduction to Continuous Integration
- Roundup and Questions
If you need any more detail about the course, please don't hesitate to get in touch and request a Data Sheet using the contact details below.
Contact us: email@example.com
WHAT WILL I LEAVE WITH?
- Access to a cloud-based repository containing the Automation Framework you built during the day
- A copy of all the course materials to practice at home
- A network of contacts to help you when you get stuck
DO I REALLY NOT NEED ANY PRIOR KNOWLEDGE?
Yes. You will be surprised at how much you will take on. Our trainers are experts at demystifying complicated technologies and concepts. We also have a unique way of answering questions that is fast and memorable!
But please be aware that the days are intensive as well as fun, so no late nights the day before. And we start at 9:30am on the dot.
HOW COMPETENT WILL I BE AFTER THE COURSE?
You'll leave with a framework that you've built and can understand so you can instantly start automating tests back at the office. In order to continue the learning process after the course and master some advanced coding concepts, SafeBear also provide Additional Materials to make it easy for you to practice at home.
Any other questions, please get in touch using the email below. We look forward to meeting you on the course!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course code: CCA- CA1
"Pitched at exactly the level I required"
Anthony Davis, QA Tester, IRM Security
Martin Murphy, Test Manager, Companies House