All the essential skills you need to create a Behaviour Driven Development Framework with Cucumber in Java
Duration: Two-day course.
Cost: Starting at £900 (+VAT)*
Location: Various. Our training locations can be seen here
* Limited availability, places are restricted to 7 per course. Please note that prices may vary depending on location.
No prior knowledge is needed, attendees will learn how to lead example mapping exercises, build a BDD framework, write and maintain feature files, create the step definition glue, add all of the requirements to code control, and run and create reports, with industry-leading tools.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Test Analysts and DevOps.
WHAT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS DO I NEED?
No prior knowledge is assumed.
WHERE IS IT?
Our training locations can be seen
WHAT TOOLS WILL I USE?
Cucumber. The leading tool for BDD development and testing.
Selenium. Selenium dominates the market in Test Automation and has become an essential skill needed for any software house.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will learn to create a behaviour driven development (BDD) framework, creating the feature files and scenarios, from the ground up. The course follows the schedule outlined below:
- Getting Started - Intro to BDD and TDD
- Getting Started - Intro to Gherkin
- Getting Started - Setting up the Environment
- Getting Started - Example Mapping
- Automating a Test - Unit Tests vs Acceptance Tests
- Automating a Test - Domain vs GUI (Hexagonal Architecture)
- Cucumber - Feature files and Scenarios
- Cucumber - Doc Notes
- Cucumber - Backgrounds
- Cucumber - Parameterization and RegEx
- Cucumber - Loops, Hash Maps and Tables
- Cucumber - Configuration
- Maven - Running the Tests
- Maven - Tags
- Reporting and Formatting
- Roundup and Questions
If you need any more detail about the course, please don't hesitate to get in touch and request a Data Sheet using the contact details below.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WILL I LEAVE WITH?
- Knowledge and understanding that will allow you to build/implement a BDD framework
- Access to a cloud-based repository containing the BDD Framework you built during the day.
- A copy of all the course materials to practice at home and a website for testing your skills.
- A network of contacts to help when you most need it.
DO I REALLY NOT NEED ANY PRIOR KNOWLEDGE?
Yes. You will be surprised at how much you will take on. Our trainers are experts at demystifying complicated technologies and concepts. We also have a unique way of answering questions that is fast and memorable!
But please be aware that the days are intensive as well as fun, so no late nights the day before. And we start at 9:30am on the dot.
HOW COMPETENT WILL I BE AFTER THE COURSE?
You'll leave with a framework that you've built and can understand so you can instantly start automating tests back at the office. In order to continue the learning process after the course and master some advanced coding concepts, SafeBear also provide Additional Materials to make it easy for you to practice at home.
Any other questions, please get in touch using the email below. We look forward to meeting you on the course!
Contact us: email@example.com
Course ID: BDD-CAJ1:
"Pitched at exactly the level I required"
Anthony Davis, QA Tester, IRM Security
Martin Murphy, Test Manager, Companies House